Welcome to the WargamerOnline Forum

1000 points of grumble (a Dispossessed list)  

RSS

Coleman
(@coleman)
Wargamer Moderator
10/12/2018 3:01 pm  

I played a little friendly fun game last weekend, a three-way with a custom battleplan, for which we all had 1000 points each. I decided to try the Dispossessed for that one and it worked rather well, so here's a list, I think, I can recommend.

Here's for the details, and how it can work. 

So, the general with the Pickaxe went tunelling with the Irondrakes, first thing in Round 1. Wherever they pop out, they will be in range to shoot, and they'll be having one Torpedo attack plus 38 Drakeguns attacks. With the Runelord's buff that makes it 3+, 3+ -3 Rend for the Torpedo on 3+, 3+, -2 Rend on the guns. If the opponent's unit has a Save of 4+ or better, you re-roll 1s to Hit (Shoddy Craftsmanship). If the enemy unit is in cover, you ignore the Cover Save (Siegemaster).

It's awesome.

The result? 21 of the 30 of Eternal Guard shot off the table. 4 more lost to a Battleshock.

I then lost six of these boys to some Glade Guards pulling Arcane Bodkins on me, so come Round 2, and the remaining Irondrakes deleted 16 out of 20 of them. Basically, Irondrakes with a Runelord work pretty much like the Arkanaut Company with the Khemist, just... a bit better.

The Warriors were a meat shield, and Ironbreakers are an attractive Battleline choice, again, paired with a Runelord. If you can get the Rune going, you'll be outputting two attacks each at 3+ (re-rolling 1s, same rules apply), 4+ and -1 Rend. And then, they themselves (in the Combat Phase) re-roll failed Save rolls (on 4+) and ignore the -1 Rend against them. The Ironbeard works well with the Cinderblast Bomb (helped me finish off a Hero on 1 Wound), and a gun, which will give you one attack, but on 3+, 4+, -2 Rend.

All in all, going against the Wanderers and Khorne, I lost twelve models. I removed around 40.

Sure, it was only in the very last turn the Warriors and the Ironbreakers finally managed to reach the Objective, but that was still good enough to win the game. And the Irondrakes cleared their path well enough for the remaining units not to get delayed by combat.

You and me, Lord. You and me.

ReplyQuote
Amit
 Amit
(@amit)
Member Moderator
10/12/2018 8:40 pm  

Legion of Azgorh Fireglaives Vs Dispossessed Firedrakes ... Who will be the shootiest most killy unit???

Coleman liked
ReplyQuote
Coleman
(@coleman)
Wargamer Moderator
10/12/2018 10:55 pm  

With no extra buffs? Irondrakes. They get 2 attacks (a unit of 10+) on 3+, 3+ v 1 Attack on 4+, 4+. Plus the Irondrakes get a leader with a 20'' weapon dealing D3 Damage (D6 against Monsters) with -2 Rend.

You and me, Lord. You and me.

ReplyQuote
Share:

Working

Please Login or Register