Clear all

Stalker 40k's 2018 Project log!  

Page 2 / 3
  RSS

Marty Milligan
(@stalker-40k)
Veteran Sergeant
24/02/2018 6:08 pm  

Blood Angels Primaris Captain completed (minus the skull decal on his right knee)

IMG 1962
IMG 1961
IMG 1960

Spent today doing this guy trying to get back into it all! hopefully more work soon! 🙂

#ALLHAILTHEBEARD

ReplyQuote
Marty Milligan
(@stalker-40k)
Veteran Sergeant
11/03/2018 2:22 pm  

Took the week to get these guys done, thanks to a much more productive hobby week!

Just one more unit of built Blood Angels to work on now, and then we will see what project is next!

IMG 2009
IMG 2008
IMG 2007

#ALLHAILTHEBEARD

ReplyQuote
Marty Milligan
(@stalker-40k)
Veteran Sergeant
18/03/2018 11:04 am  

Last built unit of Primaris Blood Angels is complete

IMG 2026
IMG 2025
IMG 2024

I do have a Primaris Redemptor Dreadnought laying about still in box, but I'm undecided if it will be for the Blood Angels or not!

I do fancy working on something that isnt red, so that leaves me with these options;

• Finish the Death Guard from the Dark Imperium set. (9 pox walkers, 3 characters, the drone, and a couple of marines)
  • Start the Khorne half of the AoS starter box
  • Start the Sigmar half of the AoS starter box
  • More work on my Orks including a warboss and a flyer
  • A Callidus Assassin
  • Dark Angels from the Dark Vengeance set
  • Squad of Void Claws for my Space Wolves that I had never finished and are no longer a named unit

Hmm pretty tough, I have loads more that I want to build, but I want to clear up a few of my part done projects first. The Dark Angels might find their way somewhere, I dont really need another marine army, so I might look to off load them. 

When I look at it I have these forces ready to use;

• Space Wolves (maybe 6k)
  • Blood Angels (around 3.5k)
  • Ultramarines (around 2.5k)
  • Orks (possibly 2k ready with another 500 ready to be painted)

Then I have these forces planned;

• Death Guard (small force just the Dark Imperium stuff with a couple of small addons)
  • Tau (I want to have a couple of thousand points, only have a breacher squad painted, lots more unbuilt)
  • Black Legion (Only Abaddon done- thanks Sam! But want a bout a 3k ish force nothing else bought)
  • An AoS army once I decide on what one.. maybe waiting for High Elves.

Many paths to take, all will be long and winding!

#ALLHAILTHEBEARD

ReplyQuote
Marty Milligan
(@stalker-40k)
Veteran Sergeant
01/04/2018 5:14 pm  

Well I think this weekend has gone quite well I have so far completed the power armoured part of my Death Guard.

It is the Dark Imperium set and a 3 man pack of the easy build Plague Marines along with an Icon Bearer. I do have the Pox Walkers to finish, I will try getting them done tonight.

IMG 2042

Group photo!

IMG 2046
IMG 2045
IMG 2044
IMG 2043

Close ups

#ALLHAILTHEBEARD

ReplyQuote
Marty Milligan
(@stalker-40k)
Veteran Sergeant
02/04/2018 4:23 pm  

And......

The Pox Walkers are complete. A quick job, but happy with the table top standard for them. 

IMG 2050
IMG 2049
IMG 2048
IMG 2047

So the Death Guard are completed. 

On to the next thing on the to do shelf...

#ALLHAILTHEBEARD

ReplyQuote
Marty Milligan
(@stalker-40k)
Veteran Sergeant
02/04/2018 4:29 pm  

Next up were two some what sneaky buggers, both in different ways.... 

They have been sat on my shelf for a long time... not any more..

IMG 2051
IMG 2053
IMG 2052

I did like the new Vindicare Assassin model but I had this metal old one laying about so really there was no need to buy the other... I wanted a close range option too so after much thought I went for the Callidus. Liked the model and the whole shape altering idea eventually won me over!

#ALLHAILTHEBEARD

ReplyQuote
Marty Milligan
(@stalker-40k)
Veteran Sergeant
02/04/2018 4:39 pm  

Whats next?

I have various options that I can get started or continue with;

• Orks - Have a couple of flyers to build and some boyz to complete. Probably a battlewagon to build as well.
  • Tau - Only have one breacher team painted, have a start collecting box as well as a commander and riptide to build.
  • Black Legion - Only have Abaddon (thanks @samwise) This army I dont have anything for yet, and I want it to be very personal to me, lots of character conversions etc.

Tough choice, it seems to be a good time to get my Tau up and running as the Codex is just out, the Orks maybe I can wait until their new rules are out, and the Black Legion well its exciting to maybe get started. 

I might well do a couple of things from each project so that I dont get too tired of any one in particular, and that way I can paint what ever I feel like at any given time. I wont be tied to just one force.

#ALLHAILTHEBEARD

ReplyQuote
reaper28grim
(@reaper28grim)
Veteran Sergeant
02/04/2018 4:53 pm  

do a couple of each but focus on the WAAAAAAAGH! 😉 ur death guard are looking very good!

T`was a gift ?

ReplyQuote
Daryl Ewart
(@dazzatron)
Veteran Sergeant
07/04/2018 4:39 pm  

@stalker-40k  - My vote is for Black Legion Marty,  as it would be a change from what you've been doing so far 🙂

ReplyQuote
Marty Milligan
(@stalker-40k)
Veteran Sergeant
08/06/2018 2:58 pm  

Wow its been a while 😀 

To follow on from my  "whats next" post ;

The Tau were completed thanks to #WGOChronicles2018

To please @reaper28grim 😀 here are some Orks...

IMG 2247
IMG 2246
IMG 2245
IMG 2244
IMG 2243

The Warboss is Garshuk Da White Tusk .. named after my Wow character.. I'm hoping with the new codex thats on the way I can give him some characterful traits to make him stand out from a normal warboss. I wont be building any more Ork stuff until the codex is released.. I think that makes most sense! 

And finally for @dazzatron hehe

IMG 2248
IMG 2241

Abaddon's forces are mustering... The model in pieces is my Iskandar Khayon, if you have read the Talon of Horus and or Black Legion you will know who he is... I have decided to model him using the Space Wolf axe he has converted to a force weapon... Called Saern. I had a vision of a small conversion I could and the axe is what I saw so went with that. 

I really want to build a unit of terminators to be Abaddon's chosen body guards... Each of them would be individual and could be used as a Chaos Lord if need be. I want each to represent a different Chaos god too... 

I also know the Black Legion is massive and is many different types of war-band bound together... I wanted to have a cultist element to my force.. but I dont feel the current cultist rules give me enough variety of troop types.. I would like to look in to the possibility of traitor guard... and maybe in the future fallen knights.. I have always planned a traitor guard element alongside my Black Legion, calling them selves Black Star... so I'll have to do some checking of rules for possibilities! 

#ALLHAILTHEBEARD

ReplyQuote
Tomas Ward
(@radagast)
Tactical Marine
09/06/2018 12:17 am  

Wow Marty, I've just gone through your posts, so much variety and precision in your work. And you work like a Daemon too, very inspiring to look at! Look forward to your black legion and the continued Space Wolves once we get our codex

ReplyQuote
Daryl Ewart
(@dazzatron)
Veteran Sergeant
10/06/2018 9:29 am  

Yes Marty! Come to the dark side 😛 Looking awesome as always buddy can't wait to see your spin on Black Legion. Have a look at the artwork from the 3.5 edition Chaos Space Marines codex.  There's a piece of artwork called "The Chosen of Abaddon" and a bit of fluff next to it.  There's 4 of them, all dedicated to different Gods. If I can find it, I'll post in the community and tag you in it.

ReplyQuote
Marty Milligan
(@stalker-40k)
Veteran Sergeant
12/06/2018 2:34 pm  

Thank you very much @radagast you are too kind 🙂

@dazzatron you legend mate, thanks, there is some inspiration in there for sure!! hmmm!!

Well work has begun on Abaddon's force;

IMG 2255
IMG 2256
IMG 2257

This is a first for me, pinning the models. I normally paint them while attached to bottle tops, but I wanted to find bases that would match the one @samwise had done for my Abaddon. It took a while of searching and I eventually found some by MicroArt Studio. 

Building of the first Rubric unit and the first marine squad is done, glue is drying and next I'll break out the airbrush to prime them. 

IMG 2270

Following Sam's great urban base tutorial this is my first batch all ready. I have ordered more so that I can base everything I currently have Black Legion wise. 

I am also going to have to troll eBay for some of the chosen chaos marines from Dark Vengeance, love those models and have no clue where mine went.. Think I sold them ... D'Oh!

#ALLHAILTHEBEARD

ReplyQuote
Marty Milligan
(@stalker-40k)
Veteran Sergeant
16/06/2018 12:59 pm  
IMG 2294

First Black Legion marines completed, and on the bases.... Very happy with how they turned out

IMG 2295
IMG 2296

Bit of a closer look!

#ALLHAILTHEBEARD

ReplyQuote
Marty Milligan
(@stalker-40k)
Veteran Sergeant
25/06/2018 5:20 pm  
IMG 2318
IMG 2317

The next half of the first Black Legion squad all done and based up!

IMG 2320

This is my plans for my Rubric squad... I wanted to keep them tied in to my Black Legion while still showing some of their Thousand Son colours to distinguish them from normal marines. He still needs finished, then I will follow that scheme for the rest.

IMG 2322

The start of Khayon's head... 

IMG 2319

A random Blood Angel lieutenant  I finished up over the weekend!

#ALLHAILTHEBEARD

ReplyQuote
Page 2 / 3
Share: